Is this a golden laced wyandotte pullet?

Quote:
Where did you here that?

The first Gold Laced Wyandottes were produced by mating a Silver Lased Wyandotte females with a crossbred Partridge Cochin--Brown Leghorn cockerel.

Chris

Well, you all have confirmed my suspicions that my "pullet" is a cockerel. He's a very sweet cuddly cockerel. Too bad I'll have to get rid of him. It'll be interesting to see if his white spots disappear as he continues to feather out!

Thanks everyone!

Quote:
Where did you here that?

The first Gold Laced Wyandottes were produced by mating a Silver Lased Wyandotte females with a crossbred Partridge Cochin--Brown Leghorn cockerel.

Chris

A little birdie told me
lol.png

I just did a search and here is what Wikipedia says of the wyandotte breed:
Golden Laced: The golden laced wyandotte is a golden color with black around the edge of every feather and black tail. Joseph McKeen of Wisconsin was the originator of the Golden Laced Wyandotte. In 1880 he crossed Silver Laced Wyandotte females with a large "Black Red" patterned fowl of unknown origin called the Winnebago. The variety was admitted to the American Standard in 1888.
And Wikipedia has to be right. Or, at the very least, I must be wrong. Lol

Whichever the case, started from a SLW. My hatchery GLW cockerel was from Privett (sold as pullet) and he is a very affectionate boy. I will have to take a few pics of his defective feathers. It is not nearly the amount as Fergie's little boy...

Quote:
Where did you here that?

Chris

A little birdie told me
lol.png

I just did a search and here is what Wikipedia says of the wyandotte breed:
Golden Laced: The golden laced wyandotte is a golden color with black around the edge of every feather and black tail. Joseph McKeen of Wisconsin was the originator of the Golden Laced Wyandotte. In 1880 he crossed Silver Laced Wyandotte females with a large "Black Red" patterned fowl of unknown origin called the Winnebago. The variety was admitted to the American Standard in 1888.
And Wikipedia has to be right. Or, at the very least, I must be wrong. Lol

Whichever the case, started from a SLW. My hatchery GLW cockerel was from Privett (sold as pullet) and he is a very affectionate boy. I will have to take a few pics of his defective feathers. It is not nearly the amount as Fergie's little boy...

American Standard of Perfection
00a9.png

Gold Laced Wyandotte originated in Wisconsin in 1880. They where produced by mating a Silver Lased Wyandotte females with a crossbred Partridge Cochin--Brown Leghorn cockerel.
They were admitted to the Standard in 1888.

All so states the same breeding at the Wyandottes Breeders of America.
http://wyandottepoultry.com/goldenlaced.html

On a side note Wikipedia isn't the best place to find the history on a breed of chicken...
wink.png

Chris

Back
Top Bottom