Is this a golden laced wyandotte pullet?

Fergie

Chirping
12 Years
Jun 1, 2007
NW, Washington
We bought six pullets from a local feed store, who got them from Ideal Hatchery. They are 6 1/2 weeks old, and one of the golden laced wyandottes has quite a few white spots on her breast (see individual pic) and we are wondering if she's a different breed. I know there are quite a few different types of wyandottes. Plus, she's quite a bit stockier than the other golden laced wyandotte pullet and we are wondering if "she" is a cockerel? Her comb is quite a bit redder, too.

In the picture of three pullets, the two in the front are supposed to be golden laced wyandottes.

What do you think?

2426_may_2010_mollycaroline_pix_543.jpg

2426_056.jpg

2426_may_2010_mollycaroline_pix_527.jpg

I was thinking it was a cockerel based on it being more aggressive than the others. What do you think about the lighter speckling? Is it a golden laced wyandotte?

Well... I would say it's at least half GL. Perhaps it was from a previous crossed GL bird or just the result of poor breeding. That is juvenile feather but it shouldn't be mismarked like that. Sometimes you just don't know what you'll get from a hatchery.

I bought 10 GL and 10 SL from Ideal early March. I need to look a little closer but I don't remember seeing white on the GLW at all. I'll look close tonight. I would say yours is crossed. I have ended up with several crossed up "pure" breds from Ideal. He is a rooster.

D.gif

Back
Top Bottom