Is this a good deer hunting gun for Hubby? HELP!!!

Hello,
I am a hunter myself and have to say it is hard to decide for your spouse what to buy. Remember their are different deer seasons. Shotgun, Rifle, and muzzleloader. Also, each person needs different length guns depending on their arm length. I've learned over the years when wanting to gift such things to my husband to get a gift cert. Reason I say that is all sales are usually final and if he doesn't like it it is a pain in the you know what to get rid of it to the right buyer with pprwk.

Good Luck,
B
big_smile.png

If you can afford a little more get the Remington 870 Wingmaster. Not the Fieldmaster. Nothing like it. If money is an issue the Mossberg is an adequate gun.

Quote:
Oh also, Rifles are not illegal in your state. It is not permissable in deer hunting. But, you can use them at gun ranges and some states if you have enough land you are able to target practice on your own land with distances in mind of humans, buildings, and animal buildings.

Quote:
The 500 is one of the most popular shotguns out there, and it's a good one. $350 is a pretty good price with the scope.

Thanks.... I hope so... If it's popular then it has to be a decent gun then.

This is for deer season. He doesn't have any guns and has wanted one for years. he always borrows his buddy's guns for deer season.

I would love to get him a muzzle loader also down the line sometime but that is in the future. I know you can you a muzzle loader for the whole gun season.

thanks for your help guys. My hubby's birthday is august 2nd. so I will update you guys on what I decided to go with and if he likes it.
fl.gif

The Mossberg is not the nicest shotgun out there, but is a great gun for the money. I own a 500 myself and have used it for over 15 years to rabbit and squirrel hunt (I deer hunt with a rifle), would highly recommend it to anyone who wants a good shotgun on a budget.

We have three or four Mossy shotguns, couldn't tell you for my life what type they are, but I'm sure there is a 500 or two in the gun safe.

Speaking of which, do think about investing in a gun safe - doesn't have to be one of the giant safes that would do well in a bank, but even the plain metal ones that run about $100 or so would be good.

I think he'd be thrilled with your purchase
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom