is this a he or a she?

I still think yours is a pullet. We've seen several female legbars with head spots in here. If you compare your chick with the four in that photo, you can see how different they are. Those birds are murkier in color, and though they have some indications of the chipmunk pattern, the borders are fuzzier, the colors not so deeply contrasted or as clearly delineated. Especially on the backs of the heads. I mean, there is no 100% guarantee. Autosexing breeds must be maintained as such or they will degrade and it will become increasingly difficult to tell the sexes apart as chicks. But to me yours seems to be a clear pullet based on what I've seen before.
2x.

I still think yours is a pullet. We've seen several female legbars with head spots in here. If you compare your chick with the four in that photo, you can see how different they are. Those birds are murkier in color, and though they have some indications of the chipmunk pattern, the borders are fuzzier, the colors not so deeply contrasted or as clearly delineated. Especially on the backs of the heads. I mean, there is no 100% guarantee. Autosexing breeds must be maintained as such or they will degrade and it will become increasingly difficult to tell the sexes apart as chicks. But to me yours seems to be a clear pullet based on what I've seen before.
thank you! i will take your word for it! i am completely new with this breed. i was really hoping for a roo but if it is a pullet that means i get to do more chicken math and add another to the flock! lol.

Back
Top Bottom