Is this a healthy rooster comb? Pics incld.

LindsayDarling

Songster
May 26, 2023
Lake County California
He got in a fight w another rooster n had some scabs a while back. Why are the ends dark? Im a newbie n Ive dealt w so many issues w the flock already. I hope hes good🙏

Attachments

• 20230715_085846.jpg
    20230715_085846.jpg
    313.2 KB · Views: 43
It could be from the injury, too. I use salve, but any ointment will do.

It can be so overwhelming when the issues pile up. I hope it feels more like smooth sailing soon.

It could be from the injury, too. I use salve, but any ointment will do.

It can be so overwhelming when the issues pile up. I hope it feels more like smooth sailing soon.
Thank you! Ugh Ive felt so stressed dealing w their issues! I actually read a thread you were in when ur flock had roundworms. So while I have you here 😏 Did you use fembendazole and did you egg withdrawal?

Thank you! Ugh Ive felt so stressed dealing w their issues! I actually read a thread you were in when ur flock had roundworms. So while I have you here 😏 Did you use fembendazole and did you egg withdrawal?
Was that the one that Casportpony was on? She was explaining how if you are super careful with the dosage you don't need to do an egg withdrawal, did you get to see that? I can look it up again if it wasn't that thread that you saw.

I got aquasol from ebay and I did not "withdraw" 😄. I have way more hesitance about pesticides and the like than about something that has no toxicity level, personally, but totally your choice. I remember her telling me why there was a withdrawal time, like the effect it can have on humans, but now I can't remember the reasons. I should go back and look.

Was that the one that Casportpony was on? She was explaining how if you are super careful with the dosage you don't need to do an egg withdrawal, did you get to see that? I can look it up again if it wasn't that thread that you saw.

I got aquasol from ebay and I did not "withdraw" 😄. I have way more hesitance about pesticides and the like than about something that has no toxicity level, personally, but totally your choice. I remember her telling me why there was a withdrawal time, like the effect it can have on humans, but now I can't remember the reasons. I should go back and look.
I think the concerns were effects on humans n possible worm in egg? I dosed w fenbendazole by weight per bird once n will do in another in 10 days. Its so hard so sort thru all the info! My hubs is starting to not like the cjickens because theyve consumed sooo much of my time and headspace😶😅

I think the concerns were effects on humans n possible worm in egg? I dosed w fenbendazole by weight per bird once n will do in another in 10 days. Its so hard so sort thru all the info! My hubs is starting to not like the cjickens because theyve consumed sooo much of my time and headspace😶😅
Yeah, they are definitely more work than they seem. I feel like they give me a number of issues at once, so it is like there is a rush and then a calm spot. I'm in a calm spot now. Hopefully it lasts. 😅

Back
Top Bottom