Is this a hen or a roo?

Can I jump this thread? Any way to tell at 4 weeks RIR Hen or Roo?

The one on top is the suspect for a Roo... (Nugget), the lower one (Scrambled) came together, and Nugget is so much smaller that Scrabled, and Nugget is feathering out slower. Is it too soon to tell at this age?
Can you get a picture in natural light?

Neither what?

nyreds was being pedantic. A rooster is an adult intact male, a hen is an adult female, a cockerel is a juvenile male, a pullet is a juvenile female.

They were saying you have neither a rooster nor a hen. Their opinion is that you have a cockerel.

nyreds was being pedantic. A rooster is an adult intact male, a hen is an adult female, a cockerel is a juvenile male, a pullet is a juvenile female.

They were saying you have neither a rooster nor a hen. Their opinion is that you have a cockerel.
Gotchya.

When he was saying 'neither' I was thinking he was speaking of something else entirely.

Maybe
smile.png
Did you get better pictures of them?

Here are some better pictures of the one in question... again, only 4 weeks old, so i understand if its too early to tell. They were sexed at MyPetChicken.com, and supposed to be all girls, but i am just suspicious because this one isnt the same size or as feathered out as its hatch mates...

I am super new to raising chickens but my mother thought my son would like to have a pet. She bought 2 little black chicks from a lady in the county. They were not sexed. I was wondering what other people thought of them. I know they are young but im worried my son will get attached to any roosters that we have to find new homes for.

And this it the other....

Sorry the pictures arent the best but any guesses might help. Thank you!!

Back
Top Bottom