• Rouen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Megaduck

In the Brooder
Apr 1, 2020
Hi! I recently received 4 baby khaki Campbell's. One has a yellow stripe by it's eye and has a lighter chest. Is this a different breed of duck? Or is it a male. The rest look similar and are all khaki colored. They were sexed as female at 1 day old, but I imagine that's not fool proof. Thanks for the help! Btw they are 3-4 weeks old and beautiful. Excuse my messy duckling in the picture, they just finished a feeding frenzy.

Attachments

• IMG_20200401_110144.jpg
    IMG_20200401_110144.jpg
    293.4 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_20200401_110147.jpg
    IMG_20200401_110147.jpg
    300.2 KB · Views: 22
Hi! I recently received 4 baby khaki Campbell's. One has a yellow stripe by it's eye and has a lighter chest. Is this a different breed of duck? Or is it a male. The rest look similar and are all khaki colored. They were sexed as female at 1 day old, but I imagine that's not fool proof. Thanks for the help! Btw they are 3-4 weeks old and beautiful. Excuse my messy duckling in the picture, they just finished a feeding frenzy.
maybe a mix breed? males and females look the same at this age though

I'm super new to all of this but I've been doing so much research trying to find out what my brownish, grayish duckling is....so take my opinion or leave it but this to me looks like what Blue Swedish ducklings look like. I thought that was what mine was but it doesnt have the distinct lighter "bib" that blue swedish have, and yours does have that. And that little tiny stripe at the eye. So cute btw!

I'm super new to all of this but I've been doing so much research trying to find out what my brownish, grayish duckling is....so take my opinion or leave it but this to me looks like what Blue Swedish ducklings look like. I thought that was what mine was but it doesnt have the distinct lighter "bib" that blue swedish have, and yours does have that. And that little tiny stripe at the eye. So cute btw!
Oh maybe a khaki-blue swedish mix. You are right, the eye stripe definitely resembles a blue swedish

Where did you get the duckling?
Cackle hatchery. Roberta has 3 sisters that all look like pure khakis. Her feathers look just like theirs, I'm curious to see if she keeps her little stripe and light bib once she's fully feathered!

Cackle hatchery. Roberta has 3 sisters that all look like pure khakis. Her feathers look just like theirs, I'm curious to see if she keeps her little stripe and light bib once she's fully feathered!
Hm. I would guess she's just a fun variant of the KC. She's very cute. I don't think a mix is possible, hatcheries keep their birds totally separate.

Back
Top Bottom