Is this a large breed or do they get this large rarely?

What kind of temperament do they have? Can you imagine getting spurred or flogged by a roo that size? Boggles the mind. But check out those drumsticks!
It is a friendly, docile, and calm bird, and they are said to be very easy to handle. They do not fly well, so they are fairly easily contained. Although they tolerate confinement well, they do very well as foragers. They are very suitable for cold climates with all that thick feathering

It is a friendly, docile, and calm bird, and they are said to be very easy to handle. They do not fly well, so they are fairly easily contained. Although they tolerate confinement well, they do very well as foragers. They are very suitable for cold climates with all that thick feathering
Just because the breed is known to be calm doesn't mean every single rooster is going to be nics.

Pics like this took me in a few years ago and my brahma roo was already getting pretty big by the time he went crazy. The idea that they're gentle giants is wishful thinking. Every roo is an individual and most are satanic. come at me if you want, but a good rooster is a rare and precious boy. Keep them if you find them!

Back
Top Bottom