Is this a meat chicken?!

I just finished with a batch of Cornish Crosses so I have an idea what they look like at each stage, and that particular bird looks similar to what mine looked like at 3 weeks. I think a better way to tell would be by his eating habits. When you break out the feed does he go at it like he hadn't eaten in weeks or is he calm and collected like the other birds you have? That was one thing that distinguished my broilers from my layers the most. The broilers would "attack" the feed and not stop until the feeder was completely empty. I had to fight them back just to hang the feeder in the pen.

I haven't noticed anything different about its eating but I'll definitely start paying attention to that.

Do you know that two of them are roosters, and the third looks to be leaning that way too? I don't think you got what you paid for, to me they look like mixes.

Do you know that two of them are roosters, and the third looks to be leaning that way too? I don't think you got what you paid for, to me they look like mixes.

Yeah I'm figuring that out
1f614.png
I bought five chicks hoping to get at least one or two hens out of the bunch. I'm pretty sure all five of them are roosters though. Last fall I bought 4 chicks and only one was a hen. I don't have good luck buying straight run chicks.

And yeah I'm convinced that they are mixes too. The "black copper Marans" that I bought have white feathers coming in on their chests. It's so frustrating. I paid him on PayPal so I'm very tempted to file a dispute and get my money back. I only paid $20 though so I probably won't. Lesson learned. This is my fourth time getting screwed by a local "breeder"
I'm not buying from breeders anymore.

Back
Top Bottom