Is this a normal broody :CHICKS

My broody houses are very similar to large dog houses. Two of them have pop doors on the front and hinged roofs that you can lift up and brace them to stay open for cleaning. Those two were my husband's design, and the roofs are a bit heavy for me. So the third one is my own design which has two doors on the front, one smaller door for the chickens to use, and the other door is bigger so I can open that one to clean the house out.

And there's a little roost in there for when the chicks get bigger.
smile.png

WEll, Yesterday was day 18 and I candled eggs and they are dark and full.. These eggs spent the first 11 in the bator.. then I put them under my buff orp broody.. She is still getting off them and letting other girls get in and lay.. I marked all the newest eggs so when the chicks hatch the other eggs can hopefully be tossed.. funny.. I started her with 11 from the bator.. yesterday I noticed there were only 10, they are pretty clean but smelled kinda bad.. wondered if one not developing broke or something. We'll see how she does it should be anyday I here peeping...

I was wondering about putting her in the dog kennel today with a fence around.. wonder if she'd lay and stay on them , or if she'd want to go back to her nest..

Back
Top Bottom