Is this a Nubian/boer cross

Willi

Hatching
Dec 8, 2020
I’ve got a doe that we we're told is a Nubian the original owner had boers with their Nubians though and this doe looks completely different from our other Nubians in body shape/type she’s much much sturdier/stocky her head is larger/wider and her ears are exactly boer ears her legs are much shorter but she weighs a lot more then her age mates what would be a tell if she has boer in her?

Attachments

• 045ACDA5-64E1-462F-B8C1-546D978E9A78.jpeg
    045ACDA5-64E1-462F-B8C1-546D978E9A78.jpeg
    510.1 KB · Views: 42
  • A644F665-F571-4B0D-A9AB-D1169D6EAA1A.jpeg
    A644F665-F571-4B0D-A9AB-D1169D6EAA1A.jpeg
    612.2 KB · Views: 20
I’ve got a doe that we we're told is a Nubian the original owner had boers with their Nubians though and this doe looks completely different from our other Nubians in body shape/type she’s much much sturdier/stocky her head is larger/wider and her ears are exactly boer ears her legs are much shorter but she weighs a lot more then her age mates what would be a tell if she has boer in her?
That could be! It would be a little bit harder to tell but looking at her she does look like it. Where you get her did they have bore goats?

20201204_10372515.jpg

I’m sooo I didn’t realize you where new!!! WELCOME TO BYC!!!!!

That could be! It would be a little bit harder to tell but looking at her she does look like it. Where you get her did they have bore goats?
Yes they had a lot of them which why I thought she could be originally she also just had her first baby and he’s 9lb(birth weight) but super stocky and our other Nubian doe’s kid is only 7lb and a inch taller(same sire) so I was thinking maybe it’s boer genetics in him

Yes they had a lot of them which why I thought she could be originally she also just had her first baby and he’s 9lb(birth weight) but super stocky and our other Nubian doe’s kid is only 7lb and a inch taller(same sire) so I was thinking maybe it’s boer genetics in him
Yeah I’m thinking she is a mix

Back
Top Bottom