Goat with a lump on her face

Birdsong 82

Free Ranging
6 Years
Aug 17, 2017
Virginia
Good morning. Came out this morning and noticed my goat looks like the side of her face is swollen. It may have been there last night, but I didn’t see them very long since I got home pretty late. But I don’t know if this is necessarily an emergency as she’s acting completely normal, eating and drinking just fine this morning, and seems to feel just fine. I noticed she sneezed once or twice but it didn’t seem alarming But it’s visibly swollen. She let me touch it and it didn’t feel hard in that area. It felt soft. Any thoughts?
Oh, I meant to mention she is a boer Nubian mix about 6 yrs old
B6C6881E-AC4A-42FB-AD43-4F1878A2CB24.png
E92CB051-BDE6-4733-B202-92FCE2C7863D.jpeg

The best pictures she would allow me to get on this hazy morning after the rain storm

I couldn't see the lump, but if it is an abscess, whatever you do, DO NOT LET IT THE ABCESS RUPTURE ON IT'S OWN!!!!!! That is the very worst thing you can do. You do NOT want that infective bacteria laden pus contaminating the premises and exposing the other animals to whatever it may be. If you determine that it is indeed an abscess, PM me and I will send you instructions on how to take care of it safely. I can also tell you, or anyone who might be interested, on how to manage CL. Heaven knows I have had enough experience with both abscesses and CL.

My goodness it took me a minute to check back with this thread since I’ve been a while since I got a response I just thought maybe it wasn’t seen. And I appreciate all yawls input because that knowledge will stay in my brain. Luckily, I believe it was just a bee sting or a bug bite of the sorts, because it looked reduced later that evening and less than two days later she’s looking normal again.

Back
Top Bottom