My lady has a swollen earlobe

jdrose1984

In the Brooder
Dec 8, 2023
IMG_7881.jpeg
I noticed Dani has a swollen ear lobe yesterday while free ranging, didn’t seem to bother her while she was out. This morning before hopping off roost it looked like she was trying to rub it on her shoulder, I was able to touch it and it felt warm but I don’t feel like it was hot. It did feel like there was a bump in there and I didn’t see any scratches or scabs but I’m definitely no expert. She eventually did hop off roost to go get breakfast so I’m assuming it’s not, that, bad?
I’ve watched the site here and am worried that i was stupid in not acquiring antibiotics before they were pulled from shelves. Are we still in the watch it phase or should I be calling a vet?

View attachment 3700831I noticed Dani has a swollen ear lobe yesterday while free ranging, didn’t seem to bother her while she was out. This morning before hopping off roost it looked like she was trying to rub it on her shoulder, I was able to touch it and it felt warm but I don’t feel like it was hot. It did feel like there was a bump in there and I didn’t see any scratches or scabs but I’m definitely no expert. She eventually did hop off roost to go get breakfast so I’m assuming it’s not, that, bad?
I’ve watched the site here and am worried that i was stupid in not acquiring antibiotics before they were pulled from shelves. Are we still in the watch it phase or should I be calling a vet?
Welcome To BYC

Hard to see her earlobe very well, to me it looks like she may have a few small scabs, but with the lighting, hard to tell.
I'd look inside her ear to make sure they look clean and free of mites, debris or infection.

Back
Top Bottom