Is this a RI White?

Aapomp831

Crowing
Oct 4, 2017
Lincolnton, NC
I’ve had this hen for a few years; I was told she was a Rhode Island White, but someone in here suggested she was NOT (lol, why I love you guys). She is a great chicken, and it’s weird bc she goes broody every summer, and is a wonderful mom, which I though was strange for a RIW....

Attachments

• 732B4CEF-FAC2-4C15-90AE-C210D9AF5AAF.jpeg
    732B4CEF-FAC2-4C15-90AE-C210D9AF5AAF.jpeg
    743.9 KB · Views: 15
  • DF6413A5-D49B-41DC-98B5-B76746E1900D.jpeg
    DF6413A5-D49B-41DC-98B5-B76746E1900D.jpeg
    530.2 KB · Views: 13
I’ve had this hen for a few years; I was told she was a Rhode Island White, but someone in here suggested she was NOT (lol, why I love you guys). She is a great chicken, and it’s weird bc she goes broody every summer, and is a wonderful mom, which I though was strange for a RIW....
Can you get some unobstructed full profile views of this girl?
Because you got her from Tractor S, she could be a hatchery RIW due to the single comb. Her body shape may indicate she is a White Rock.

I think she is a white rock. They have a single combs and red ear lobes!😊

Unless you specifically bought her as a RIW, I would not assume she was one.

While single combed RIW are most certainly possible, like single combed Wyandottes, there are many other breeds and hybrids out there that TSC is more likely to supply.

Is that tinge of buff actual feather colour? It doesn't look like dirt.
I really think it is dirt, because she was pure white for a few days after she molted. But you’re the second one to say that, so I’m going to try and get a better look.

Can you get some unobstructed full profile views of this girl?
Because you got her from Tractor S, she could be a hatchery RIW due to the single comb. Her body shape may indicate she is a White Rock.
Interesting.... I thought this was a White Rock, I got them at the same time. And yes I will try and get some better pics: it’s raining right now

Attachments

• 4328F7AC-30CE-464C-ADFE-D3C594831CA7.jpeg
    4328F7AC-30CE-464C-ADFE-D3C594831CA7.jpeg
    516.3 KB · Views: 11

Back
Top Bottom