OK_to_WA_Farms

In the Brooder
Sep 16, 2017
We got some hens tonight at an auction. They were labeled as barnyard mix hens (and one rir). I just got them home in better light and I'm thinking maybe we got saddled with a rooster. We are residential backyarders so if it's a roo I'm going to have to rehome asap. If you have any insight on the white (gender or breed) I would appreciate it! It's storming here and they're in the quarantine coop for now. I can get better pictures tomorrow.

20171021_194828.jpg

20171021_194909.jpg

20171021_194933.jpg

Hello @OK_to_WA_Farms,

It is very nice to meet you. Wow, what a beautiful bird! (The white and red mister in the center. Although they are all gorgeous). I refuse to say sorry that he's a rooster... Because he truly is a good looking one if that.
I'd suggest re-homing him to a friend, family or someone you barely know but seems like a good soul. Or find a way to keep him for breeding... Best wishes and God bless!

Regards,
-Angry Hen

You can use a no crow collar on him. Most people say no, but I've used one and it never hurt my male. After about 3 months of him wearing it, he completely stopped crowing.

Back
Top Bottom