Is this a Roo?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by tlcarnes2176, Oct 5, 2013.

1. tlcarnes2176

tlcarnes2176 Chillin' With My Peeps

I ordered 15 EE pullets from Double R Country store about 4 weeks ago. I received 17 chicks and I think one may be a Rooster. Any guesses.

[​IMG]

Comb is growing and not on other chicks

[​IMG]

Tail is longer and pointed unlike the others that look like "fans" for lack of a better word.

[​IMG]

Thanks!

2. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    With that comb at four weeks, and it having the common black and white EE rooster color, I would vote boy on that one.

1 person likes this.
  3. hens4thehudds

hens4thehudds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2011
    San Marcos, California
    Truthfully I could go either way, the comb doesn't look that big to me do you have an overview body shot? Often the males feather in more slowly on the body under the wings. Is it feathering in at the same rate as the others? If the feathering rate is the same I would guess pullet. But just to be sure...
    ...I would wait a couple of weeks and repost, Eventually it will be clear, I am still trying to figure out a couple of mine also.[​IMG]

4. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    I am leaning towards cockerel, wait a few weeks to be sure though. And just because it is black and white does not make it a rooster. I have had and know many people have Black and white hens, it is like sterotyping chicken colors!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by