Is this a rooster?

NO ! 100 % light brown leghorn pullet, and I will be amazed if she is not laying.
Thanks! I am not sure if she is laying, that’s why I stared wondering if it was a rooster. We have 7 assorted chickens and only get max 4 eggs a day. I know some breeds don’t lay everyday but geez!

Thanks! I am not sure if she is laying, that’s why I stared wondering if it was a rooster. We have 7 assorted chickens and only get max 4 eggs a day. I know some breeds don’t lay everyday but geez!
Are any of the eggs that you're getting white? I'd be shocked if she wasn't laying by now.

That’s definitely a GIRL! Shes’ a brown leghorn ✅ and they often develop fast and can be mistaken for males. she can still be used for food though! EGGS! Which should come any day now! Update us on when she lays! 🥚 🍳

Check her vent and pelvic bones, which are directly below her vent. If they come to a point and are not easily spread, she's not laid an egg yet. Look too at the vent itself. If it's still high and tight, not laying yet. It will be more of an oval shape and looser looking. If you pick up your hens one by one you can likely determine who's putting breakfast on the table and who's just about to- a good exercise that will come in handy again when they go through their first molt.

Back
Top Bottom