Is this a rooster?

mylenemackey

Hatching
9 Years
Oct 19, 2010
Hi everyone! I am new to this forum and would like help identifying whether or not my 14 week old cream brabanter is a rooster or a pullet. It was sold to me newly hatched as a female, but in the last 2 weeks we are getting a caw-caw-caaaaw in the morning. He/she is the only one that does it, fluffs up its feathers and opens up the beak wide. Other than that, I see only bumps where spurs would be, it sleeps in the middle of the roost with the other (mixed breed) birds, and is not particularly aggressive. Actually, it is pretty friendly with me. Also it has arching tail feathers but I am unsure if that is the breed or a sign of being a roo. I happen to adore this unique looking bird and would rather not adopt him out as I cannot keep him in the city. And feedback would be greatly appreciated!!

Dude, it crows.

Add that to the many other reasons it's a boy. Sorry.
hide.gif

Absolutely no doubt about it - pointy saddle feathers, roo tail, pointy hairdo, and it crows? It's a roo.

Thank you all! I really was in denial about this roo. He's just too fabulous to give up. The crowing threw me off a little because I have heard dominant chickens can take on crowing in the am.
I appreciate all your answers!

Back
Top Bottom