IS THIS A SIGN OF A SNAKE????

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by kjxoxo1, May 19, 2012.

1. kjxoxo1

kjxoxo1 Chirping

Oct 16, 2011
    Hi guys,
    You always have great information.....I found what looks like three foam bubbles in the grass.. one neighbor and my mom says they are signs of snakes....Have anyone heard of this? Of course, it was right outside my chicken coop. I put down snake away as a precaution....thanks for any information.
    thanks!

2. Yessur Ebob

Yessur Ebob Songster

Apr 23, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    I was also told that by other people, but after researching some i found that the foam is actually caused by a spittle bug larvae. It has absolutely nothing to do with snakes. [​IMG]

3. dainerra

dainerra Crowing

Jun 4, 2011
    yeah, nothing to do with snakes. make sure that your birds can't get into the Snake Away

4. kjxoxo1

kjxoxo1 Chirping

Oct 16, 2011
    okay thanks!! i placed the snake away on the outside perimeter of my coop...chickens cant get to it....im just worried because I have two children and we also have 3 ponds nearby and i have personally seen 5 snakes on the water in one sitting...(yes i was scared!! my brother used his shotguns...they looked like water moccassin) so when I saw the spit foam...I was very very concerned....Thanks

5. akashia26

akashia26 Songster

Apr 25, 2012
    Washington Co. AL
    the foam is spit bugs. if you wipe away the foam you will find a small black beetle inside the foam.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: