Is this a silkie thing, or are they ill?

I just love my silkies. I have three and I thought my bigger white one was a roo but wasn't sure and my small white and small black females I thought anyway and I am right..I took out the small white and small black other day and boy did the bigger silkie have a fit and started a cute roo crowing..so knew then I was right..I wish all my chickens were silkies they are adorable.

I'd like to see pics, not sure if my larger one is a roo, but he is a third larger than my white one, i think they are about 2 months old-

hu.gif

spikesmall.jpg

puddin.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I like my silkies a lot. I have 3 of them, they are 2 monhs old, and I have no clue if they are going to be boys or girls.
As a baby:
428Sikie.jpg

Maybe 4 weeks old here- first time outside:
10705_425outingfriz.jpg

10705_425silkieout.jpg

Now in their new coop:( the first picture is one of my favorites)
62cute.jpg

63roosting2.jpg

and now, at age 8 weeks:( the first picture is the other favorite )
67whatsOutThere.jpg

67TwoSilkies.jpg

Quote:
Too funny! I noticed the same thing about my larger Silkie (Daphne)! She's always grumbling to herself, and she sounds nothing like the rest.

OT: She's not the most social, either, and I thought she was kind of flighty. Yesterday, I had them out for a little while. I noticed she was standing behind the run, not moving, by herself. I watched her for a minute or two, then approached her. She didn't move. She had a toe stuck in the deer netting! When my husband put it on the run, he let it drape down on that corner. She let me pick her up, cut the netting, and carry her away. Not a complaint and no struggle. I was so surprised at how calm she was.

Back
Top Bottom