Is this a tom or a hen?

yes if it were a WILD bird, I'd agree 100%. But that's not a wild hen, like I said earlier, if it were a wild hen it would have beat itself to death in that pen by now trying to get out.
Literally, it'd be climbing the fence, flying into the walls, pretty much would have literally beat itself to death and be dead by now.

That's just some ones bronze or rio PET hen that has gotten out or was allowed to free range and strayed away from home.

We had a female peacock show up and stay for about two weeks. She got along great with all the ducks, geese, horses and especially our turkey. They were like best friends. It was kinda like beauty and beast not to be mean. She would come up on the porch with him like best friends and they would hang out together around the pond. She left one day when we had storms coming in and never returned. I loved how she (the peacock) could walk up and down the porch steps like a human because how their knees are jointed like humans - knees go forward. Whereas the turkeys are the opposite so their knee joint going backwards. I will try and find a picture with the two of them.

Here's a link to our swimming turkey video my daughter made in case you haven't seen it... actually the peacock is at the bottom left at the beginning when the group is walking towards the house.

Back
Top Bottom