Is this a true Americauna ?

MaineFlyersFan

Hatching
6 Years
Aug 25, 2013
I was sold this Rooster as a true full blooded Americauna. I wanted to see if anyone one saw anything to suggest otherwise as I want to get some Americauna hens and start breeding them. Thanks for any help !

This would've been noticed and answered under "What Breed or Gender?" or something like that.

There is no breed called Americauna, though. It is a deliberate misspelling of Ameraucana, or unknowing misspelling of Ameraucana because of some people who are behinds that try to cheat people due to it sounding the same. They are mixed breeds.

I often misspell Ameraucana because I am new to chicken world, so perhaps the original poster misspelled it on accident as well.
Doesn't mean it isn't a full blood, right?
Maybe they will get a better answer from another forum, either way, he is beautiful!
I have also misspelled it:
Americauna
Ameraucauna
Ameracauna
Ameracuna
Amerucauna

So however a persons brain works....

Last edited:
I often misspell Ameraucana because I am new to chicken world, so perhaps the original poster misspelled it on accident as well.
Doesn't mean it isn't a full blood, right?
Maybe they will get a better answer from another forum, either way, he is beautiful!
I have also misspelled it:
Americauna
Ameraucauna
Ameracauna
Ameracuna
Amerucauna

So however a persons brain works....
Correct spelling of the breed name aside, this rooster is an ee/ easter egger since he does not meet one of the colors that true ameraucanas come in.

Back
Top Bottom