Is this a Turken?! AHHH, I'm scared!

LoveThatChick

Songster
9 Years
Jul 9, 2014
Cedar Hill, TN
Hey all,
Any idea what this little lady is? I bought her with a bunch of Buff Orpington, day old chicks, from a local feed store (and I mean a seedy one, I was desperate for chicks!). I thought she was the same, but as she grew, she started look really odd!

What is she!

Legs - Greenish, with yellow.
Beak - Dark on top, yellow on bottom, with some green, long and hooked.
Feathers - Feels like a Turkey.
Voice - A mix between Chicken & Turkey!

Last edited:
Not a Turken, which is short for Transylvanian Naked Neck. As the name suggests, they don't have feathers on their necks.

Could be a beardless Easter Egger with those green legs, but I can't tell what kind of comb she has from the pics

Last edited:
It looks like one of my Easter Egger hens when she was little. The only thing is she doesn't have a beard in this picture. Like before, it could have a beardless gene.

Sometimes they just lose the bearded genes[which are incomplete dominant so they need to lose both] in all the outcrossing.

Wow! :D I didn't expect that, I just looked that breed up and it's a perfect match. I wonder why she was in with a ton of Buffs... :/
I thought she has a turkey chicken hybrid because when I looked that up, there were some pics that looked like her. :rolleyes:

She's special, and so sweet! So she'll be my pet chicky! (Meaning I won't be eating her, she'll live her life out on my farm.) :lol:

Back
Top Bottom