Is this an Eastern WIld or Narragansett poult?

I'm guessing the two lighter birds are blue slate,
but I don't know about the one on the bottom?

Without knowing what the parents were it is very difficult to tell. If the parents were blue slate turkeys then it would be natural to get blue slate, self blue, and black poults. In such a pairing statistics would predict 50% blue slate, 25% self blue and 25% black poults.

the seller stated: boss Tom being a Blue Slate and other Toms are Narragannsants, Eastern Wild and hens are Royal Palm, Bourbon Red, White Holland, Eastern Wild and Narr.

the seller stated: boss Tom being a Blue Slate and other Toms are Narragannsants, Eastern Wild and hens are Royal Palm, Bourbon Red, White Holland, Eastern Wild and Narr.
In that case of mixed parentage you will likely have two poults that will have blue coloring but will not be pure blue slate even though they may look like they are. The black poult is going to look like a black turkey.

That looks like it is probably a Narragansett tom over a blue slate hen. I have the same colored bird hatch from this cross. If it is it will be black with some narragansett feathers mixed in it.

Back
Top Bottom