Is this an EE roo or hen?

katkitsch

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 11, 2013
This is one of our babies... Somewhere between 4-6 weeks. Do you think it is a Rooster or a Hen?

Its a little too early for me to guess, but its legs do look kinda thick and in one of the pictures, there looked like red patches on its shoulders meaning boyish.

WIth the patchy colors on the wings/shoulder and the bigger comb already, I'm gonna have to guess boy. But it is pretty early, I would wait a couple more weeks and post more pics then.

WIth the patchy colors on the wings/shoulder and the bigger comb already, I'm gonna have to guess boy. But it is pretty early, I would wait a couple more weeks and post more pics then.
Iv'e had that problem on the EE's, looking like patches and what not, turned out to be pullet
idunno.gif
. Other birds are easier sexed that way, but it could be slow pattern ?

Thank you all for your replies. Will check back with new pics soon. This is a really fun, informative and nice community.

The hatcheries use vent sexing on all varieties except color sex linked hybrids. Some breeders use feather sexing on some select breeds but their accuracy isn't great.

Back
Top Bottom