Is this an egg turner?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Skitz, Apr 12, 2009.

  1. Skitz

    Skitz Skitz15k

    Nov 11, 2008
  2. dancingbear

    dancingbear Chillin' With My Peeps

    Aug 2, 2008
    South Central KY
    Yes, that's a turner for LG. It's the kind I have. From what I've read and seen here on BYC, LG now has turners with the rounded egg cups, I've seen the ones with yellow egg trays.

    I haven't had the other kind. This one's ok, but there are drawbacks. Really large eggs, like goose, won't fit in the cups. Even larger chicken eggs don't fit well. I can't place 2 larger eggs next to each other, they don't sit properly. They can start to slide up out of the cups, too. I haven't had one fall out of the turner, but I can see how that could happen. I want to find out if I can replace these strips that the cups are attached to, with the new kind of trays.

    For normal-small-medium size eggs, this works fine. I've used it quite a bit, so it will do the job.
  3. that is the OLD style egg turner for the LG. Everyone says that this one is the best one to have. So bid already.
  4. pascopol

    pascopol Chillin' With My Peeps

    Jan 6, 2009
    Tampa Bay
    Quote:I have both, LG turner (like one in the picture link) and GQF.

    They both do their job. My LG turner's motor gets very hot when running, so I do not place any eggs close to it.

    My GQF turner's motor gets warm but not hot.

    You can get different size trays (quail, goose) for GQF.

    For LG you can get different size cups (quail).

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by