Is this an IB Pied Peachick?

SDpeafowl

Songster
8 Years
Apr 3, 2011
South Dakota
I am wondering if this chick is an IB Pied or just an IB split to white. It has mostly white wings and a little white spot on the back of the head. Here are some pictures: Thank you!
This picture shows the white on the back of the head:

Don't look like ones i have, mabe it's a cameo or bronze split white just going by color, .The experts should be along shortly.
here is my IB pied babies
PS it is a beautiful baby.

Looks like a pied.  What are its parents?

The father is an IB male split to cameo and white; the mother is either a Cameo hen or an IB hen (I think she is spilt to white as I just got a white chick from her). I believe it's from the cameo hen because I have gotten chicks with white wings from her before.

The father is an IB male split to cameo and white; the mother is either a Cameo hen or an IB hen (I think she is spilt to white as I just got a white chick from her). I believe it's from the cameo hen because I have gotten chicks with white wings from her before.
I would say the chick is Cameo. Are you sure the parents are split to white and not pied? I've hatched quite a few split whites from a blue/ white pairing. They only had a couple of white flights on them. None of them had totally white wings. I could be wrong, but I still say pied. But that would mean that the parents had to be carrying pied.

My dark pied hen also has a lot of white flights. But, the color on the rest of the chick doesn't look quite right for IB. Maybe pics again in a couple days when the feathers are a bit clearer?

Looks pied to me. But do note, a dark pied bird will look similar to a bird that is split to white. THe only way to tell which it is, is to breed to a bird you are certain is split to white, or a white bird. Maybe pics of the parents will help. Difficult to tell with the lighting on the photos, but they seem to dark to me for cameos, so I'm leaning towards IB pied.

I am going to say a pied, most likely from the IB hen only because of the feathers growing on the wing by your thumb in pic 2. My cameo was not as dark as that little guy.

Back
Top Bottom