Is this an internal pip?

oliviasmith

Hatching
Jun 7, 2023
Hi, so we are at the end of day 22 today(live in the UK) and i have been montering the eggs today as when i candles this morning i thought i saw movement right by the air sack. I candled them again tonight as i heard that when they internally pip i need to increase humidity and as this is my first time hatching ducklings i want it to be successful! So, i candled one tonight and took a video which i will try to attach( i’ll also put some pics incase the video doesn’t work). At the bottom there is regular movement and i don’t know whether this is an internal pip or not? If anyone could tell me there thoughts i’d really appreciate it. Thank you

658D2C70-B8CD-45AC-8CF6-6A8D11189F15.png

Hi, so we are at the end of day 22 today(live in the UK) and i have been montering the eggs today as when i candles this morning i thought i saw movement right by the air sack. I candled them again tonight as i heard that when they internally pip i need to increase humidity and as this is my first time hatching ducklings i want it to be successful! So, i candled one tonight and took a video which i will try to attach( i’ll also put some pics incase the video doesn’t work). At the bottom there is regular movement and i don’t know whether this is an internal pip or not? If anyone could tell me there thoughts i’d really appreciate it. Thank you

View attachment 3537860
Not yet, I don't think
I believe what you're seeing is shadowing, which means the duckling is pushing against the internal membrane, preparing to internally pip, but not yet.
What breed of ducks are these?

Not yet, I don't think
I believe what you're seeing is shadowing, which means the duckling is pushing against the internal membrane, preparing to internally pip, but not yet.
What breed of ducks are these?
okay thank you! I think they are mallards but not 100% sure. Thank you, I will keep candleing to see if anything else progresses in the next days.

Back
Top Bottom