Is This Angel Wing???

Yeah. It should get stronger as she uses it more. A lot of articles I have read about angel wing are on older ducks and correcting it later. I feel it is harder to correct at an older age.

I feel like Metzer may have angle wing genetics in the swedes. This is my second one that had issues, granted mine were minor cases. After hearing about yours too, it sounds likely. I caught it really early in my black swedish and only had to wrap it one night. My other blue swedish, I wrapped for maybe 3 or 4 nights.
Good to know. I honestly don't mind if she's a little lopsided, but I felt like I ought to at least try to correct it, you know? Another hard lesson, I guess.

Good to know. I honestly don't mind if she's a little lopsided, but I felt like I ought to at least try to correct it, you know? Another hard lesson, I guess.
Yeah. I could be wrong, but I don't believe she will end up lopsided. She just needs to do wing strength training. I am not sure of ways to encourage her to exercise her wing. She is young, so her wing muscles will likely strengthen quickly.

I had a young duckling with weak legs, and it took a couple days of baths and encouragement to move before she started running around.

Back
Top Bottom