Is this asking for too many modifications?

I don't know if I should start a new topic for this but before I found out my dad was building me a new coop I had (MYSELF!!) been working on renovating a shed on my property. I'm actually quite proud of the amount of work I did. I had a decent amount done, but still a LOT to go. I called my dad today because I needed to cut a piece of lumber for the below the door to attach the wire apron, and while on the phone told him I was just going to keep working on my coop just in case I needed to divide my flock or anything, and he got upset at me and said he was building me this one this weekend so not to work on mine.
idunno.gif

I still might just because I want ducks, heh. Just have to do it stealth.

But anyway, he told me the coop he is building me is actually 7x8. I have 13 chickens. 9 are standards (3 leghorn, 1 RIR, 3 barred rocks, 2 sex links and one assorted pullet TSC special
tongue.png
) and three are bantams (1 old english game, 2 cochins). I know one bantam is a rooster, the other two I'm not sure about. The rest are pullets. I am building/setting up a huge run for them. Is 7x8 large enough for that many chickens if you take into account the run and free range time?

Last edited:
You should have plenty of room for the birds that you presently have.

I'd go ahead and work on the coop stealthily. It will come in handy for storing feed, supplies, serve as a hospital coop, brooder coop, etc., etc.,. This will save the coop that *he* builds for the important purpose of housing the main flock while delegating the old coop to menial, secondary uses...if you catch my drift.
wink.png
Let his be the "best".

Sounds like you've got a plan coming together. It'll work out.

Ed

Back
Top Bottom