Is this baby peacock a male or female?

I'll try to get some pictures of my 7 week old boy. Not saying you chick isn't a boy, just wanna let you see some other pictures. :D

-Kathy

Okay. thank you both for your help. It would actually be better if it were a girl because we already have a full grown male peacock and I wouldn't want them to fight. But all, the same. I'll still love her either way. :)

If you click on the photo then click on the original it will enlarge the photo so you can see the green in some of their necks, the female right below the pied is the same age as your wee pea the other 3 are 6 an 7 weeks old

Here is Majora. Now almost 2 months old. Still not sure about the gender, anyone have a clue?

I agree with Kat,
You said it stands like this all the time, unless it is cold i would not think it would stand like this.
When was the last time you wormed her and what did you use?
A photo with a pose like this has saved a pea more than once on this forum cause the owner was not familiar with peas
big_smile.png
so any time you feel your wee pea is not feeling well take a photo and post it with your concerns
big_smile.png

This peacock had just got done choking on a banana. Gave me the scare of my life. Maybe that's why?

And it was also raining at the time, it was a little wet. So he might have also been cold too.

Know we're not picking on you, we're really just concerned. Last time someone posted a similar picture that peahen was dead in a few hours. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying she/he is sick or is about to die, just saying the if she/he were mine I would weigh her/him daily and if I didn't see at 7-12% gain per day I'd be concerned.

-Kathy

Yes, I know. I would weigh him/her if I had a scale, but he/she never usually stands that way.

Hey! New here..we bought our baby peacock not knowing anything about it but we were told it was a male. We've had "him" for 3 months now. And we are starting to wonder if he is actually a she.

Back
Top Bottom