Is this BLUE or Lilac

kuntrycritters

Songster
13 Years
Feb 2, 2007
NE Arkansas
needing to know if this is blue or lilac? they are Mini Rex

I have chocolates and the white, along with the blue/lilac.... not the best picture though.

5645209.jpg

chocolates cannot have blues or blacks. Black (blue is the dilute of black) is dominant and if present always shows up. Chocolates will only have chocolates (and other chocolate based colors). I don't have any chocolate kits right now but here is black, blue, and lilac for future reference.

DSCN0318.jpg

Quote:
thank you for the picutre as reference. So my kit is Lilac then? I know it is my favorite out of this litter. I am still learning all the "color" thing...lol.

Thank you for your help
smile.png

Just for reference ... a chocolate can throw blue depending on how bred and what is behind both of them. I have one sitting here father and son ... Father choc (out of black doe, blue tort buck) and son is blue (mother is black). In angoras the realities of "ABC" do not play hard and fast! We have so many colors behind the animals that surprises often happen! I have bred choc to choc hoping for choc and not gotten it! Grandparents count!

i agree choc doesn't always throw choc varieties. i have a choc mini rex doe when bred to my castor buck through all choc and broken chocs. bred this time to a black tort she through me 2 blacks, a lilac, 2 harlequins and a dilute harlequin. who they r bred to and backgrounds does make a difference.
wink.png
the lilac and harlies were all surprises for us.
smile.png
both bucks have been bred to several other does and never thrown us those colors before.

Chocolate to blue or black can throw blue or black but chocolate to chocolate can only throw chocolate based colors. You cannot get a blue or black out of 2 chocolates because chocolate is the recessive to black.

Back
Top Bottom