Is This Book Worth It?

Is this book worth it?

https://www.amazon.com/Hatching-Brooding-Your-Own-Chicks/dp/1612120148/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2P80UMXW35FPK&keywords=incubating+chicken+eggs+book&qid=1640957349&sprefix=incubating+,aps,179&sr=8-1

I've usually found Storey Publication books useful, but am wondering a little because it's almost 10 years old and the price for a hardcopy is a little steep.

(I usually like reference books in hardcopy because you can't easily flip through an ebook looking for that half-remembered page where the info you need is).
I have this book and I think it's a useful reference (though not the only one I have...I'm the bookish sort 🤓). Generally speaking, I like Storey's Guides and own several covering different types of livestock. Gail Damerow has authored many books as well as articles for numerous publications and she knows poultry.

I bought mine used for a good price, on eBay, I think. Might be worth checking there, too, if you haven't already.

It is a fun to have book in your hand. I also store my own hatching notes in it, but I do not write or underline in my book. I don't look at it every hatch, but it is nice to have in your library.
X2 - I buy used books and dislike writing, highlighting, or stains in or on them. Books should be treated with the respect they deserve, IMO.

Reading a physical book is a completely different experience from reading an e-book, from a visual, olfactory, and tactile perspective.

Back
Top Bottom