Is this bumblefoot

It might be it might not be.
Put her in a large crate on soft bedding inside the coop and let her rest for a few days. Then let her out and see if she's any better.

A cage wont fit in my coop. Could i possibly just leave her in the run area? I know they are social and im a first time chicken owner i dont want her to die. Thanks for the help

A cage wont fit in my coop. Could i possibly just leave her in the run area? I know they are social and im a first time chicken owner i dont want her to die. Thanks for the help
Yes.
If your run is not under shade make sure she isn't caught in the direct sun for hours. If your run isn't predator proof, bring her and her crate inside for the night and take her back out in the morning.

Yes.
If your run is not under shade make sure she isn't caught in the direct sun for hours. If your run isn't predator proof, bring her and her crate inside for the night and take her back out in the morning.

Should i wrap the foot at all? It seems like its a sprain. Shes hoping around still and laying in the nesting box. Seems to be the 1st day of the injury.

I wouldn't wrap it. I'd confine her to limit movement and allow her to rest.

Hello I've isolated the chicken in a dog carrier. Her hip seems very hot. I gave her some vetrx solution. I assume the hot hip means some kind of injury? Should i let her graze with the chickens before she goes to bed and test out her foot after a day or so to help with reintegration? I hope its just an injury and not a disease that will kill her. Im very worried 😟

We all hope it is just an injury or sprain, and not something more serious. Let us know how she gets along, and don’t forget to try some riboflavin, which is found in human vitamin b complex tablets. Dissolve 1/4 tablet daily in a spoonful of water or food.

Back
Top Bottom