Is this chick silkie feathered?

Megin Tennessee

Chirping
Mar 9, 2020
Indiana
Hi! I've got this pretty little cross breed chick that I'm starting to think will be silkie feathered because it's wing feathers are looking almost like my white silkies did. What do you think? I can't be sure about who the parents are but one of my roos is a silkie mix and I have 2 hens that are silkie mixes (everyone is smooth feathered) and one of those is a brown partridge color like this chick so if it came from them I know there's a chance I could have a silkied one. What do you think? Do I need to wait it out to know? I've never had any silkies besides white so the chance for a silkie feathered bird in such a pretty color is exciting! Thanks for your help!
20200601_235849.jpg
20200602_000122.jpg
20200601_235704.jpg
20200601_235751.jpg

It does have 5 toes and it looks like it has a tiny, tiny crest and it's got a comb like that one hen. None of the adult silkie mixes has hardly any leg feathering and those 2 hens are the only ones with dark skin. Here's the hen I think laid the egg on top and there's the roo on the far left at the bottom. This chick was one of our random surprise chicks that my ducks hatched. There's 3 others but 2 came from small eggs I know belong to my black Jersey giant(she's 12 now and her eggs have gotten tiny the last few years) and one hatched out white with a buff colored head, yellow skin no extra toes, single comb and just a sprinkle of leg feathering, I'm guessing that's from an isa brown with the white roo. Lol, it's been fun trying to guess whos who. One duck is still broody sitting on Turkey eggs and 4 more chicken eggs so I've still got 4 more chances for a fluffy silkie mix!
IMG_20200416_221013.jpg
20200602_100729.jpg

Back
Top Bottom