Is this chick too young to ID?

2winds

In the Brooder
Jun 18, 2017
IMG_6438.JPG
IMG_6439.JPG
IMG_6440.JPG
I think this is my free exotic chick, from Murray McMurry hatchery. I am wanting to identify the breed, any guesses?

Last edited:
I have ordered from Murray Mcmurray too, and tried to figure out the exotic one. You kinda have to wait till they get a little older. Even if i did guess on that one, a lot of different chicks are yellow. If you want a sure answer, i would probably just wait a couple weeks!

Clean legs, yellow skin, white plumage, can't see the comb yet. Not much to go on. What do they offer in their "rare" category that's all or mostly white?

@2winds it maybe an Easter Egger

@gimmie birdies feet aren't a good indicator of gender
Thank you. I
@2winds it maybe an Easter Egger

@gimmie birdies feet aren't a good indicator of gender
Thank you. When I agreed to the free exotic chick, I hadn't thought it through to the end. When I started digging for breed possibilities, & saw chickens like the Yokohama rooster I thought, What have I done?! They are beautiful, but I don't know that I am ready for 4ft of tail feathers!

Clean legs, yellow skin, white plumage, can't see the comb yet. Not much to go on. What do they offer in their "rare" category that's all or mostly white?
@debid they have White: Langshans, Cornish & Yokohama. I ruled out the Langshans because they had feathered feet. I think the Aruacana was also on the exotic list but I ordered 3 of those, so I crossed them off as well because she/he looks nothing like them as far as feathers. Time will tell, as they say. I was never good at waiting for my Christmas surprises either!

Yokohama would be super cool and that would explain the light red stripes, too!

They're notorious for sending EEs as their "rare" breed but I don't think so on yours.

BTW, if it's a male, the roosters are desirable to some so you'd probably have an easy time selling if you don't want him. But I hear the long tails are never THAT long from hatchery stock.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom