Is this Cocci?

babowman3

Chirping
6 Years
Jun 29, 2013
Where The Hell Is MIMS, Fl?
Ok so my BR I've been treating since the 2nd with sour crop and my vet put her on an antibiotic called Orbax and reglan to get her crop moving. She's gotten SO much better. She's perked up. Trying to fly out of the box. Tearing up the newspaper in her big box. She's had green poo for a few days and her crop is pretty much back to normal and she's trying to eat. I've been giving her yogurt with literally 5 pieces of crumble on it so she eats yogurt.

But today I noticed this poop which looks like blood spots.... my vet did a stool sample and didn't find anything. Only gram negative rods in her crop (hence the antibiotic)

What do you think?

You stated in your first post that your bird is doing so much better, trying to fly out of the box, tearing up newspaper. Not to mention a negative stool sample from your vet. If your bird had cocci, it wouldve shown up under the microscope...also she would be at deaths doorstep by now, not flying around and acting like a chicken should.
BTW: There's a Tractor Supply Co (TSC) in Mims, they carry poultry supplies, meds, wormers etc...For future reference, corid is found in the cattle section at TSC and other feed stores.
http://www.yellowpages.com/titusville-fl/tractor-supply

Last edited:
You stated in your first post that your bird is doing so much better, trying to fly out of the box, tearing up newspaper. Not to mention a negative stool sample from your vet. If your bird had cocci, it wouldve shown up under the microscope...also she would be at deaths doorstep by now, not flying around and acting like a chicken should.
BTW: There's a Tractor Supply Co (TSC) in Mims, they carry poultry supplies, meds, wormers etc...For future reference, corid is found in the cattle section at TSC and other feed stores.
http://www.yellowpages.com/titusville-fl/tractor-supply

Umm...yes I'm fully aware of the Tsc here as I've spent 300+ there the last 5 days. And they dont have Corid. And I ask just to be sure from NICE chicken experts.

Thanks anyways.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom