Is this Coccidiosis poop?

msteacho

Chirping
Apr 19, 2021
Hi!
I let my chicks out this morning and was checking stool in the run. I noticed this and first thought was coccidiosis. I’m not familiar with it, so I’m hoping someone can let me know. My chicks are 13-14 weeks old and free range quite a bit right now. I do have corid on hand to start treatment, if needed. Thanks!
BE5CE2B8-70FA-4F72-AE60-765D2726693C.jpeg
30A7606F-D96D-40AA-B9C9-DEE59E17F782.jpeg
A4410DD5-2233-4C68-A411-71300E66CD00.jpeg

I would start treatment.
Thank you! That’s what I was thinking also. I read that Corid won’t harm chickens that don’t have coccidiosis. Do you know if that is true? Is it ok to give to all my chickens that aren’t exhibiting any symptoms?

Thank you! That’s what I was thinking also. I read that Corid won’t harm chickens that don’t have coccidiosis. Do you know if that is true? Is it ok to give to all my chickens that aren’t exhibiting any symptoms?
Yep, no harm. Its better to be safe than sorry. Smart to keep some on hand....which reminds me, I need some corid myself, last year left me empty. 🤪

Start it now.
And no it will not harm them if they do not have coccidiosis.

Do you have the powder or the liquid Corid?
Make sure there is no other water available to them and make sure you do not give vitamins.

Start it now.
And no it will not harm them if they do not have coccidiosis.

Do you have the powder or the liquid Corid?
Make sure there is no other water available to them and make sure you do not give vitamins.
I have the liquid form. And I’m not quite sure if I need to do the 5 day or 21. These pictures show the worst that it is so I feel like the 5 day would be ok. What would you suggest? Also, do you know if there is an egg withdrawal on Corid?

Yep, no harm. Its better to be safe than sorry. Smart to keep some on hand....which reminds me, I need some corid myself, last year left me empty. 🤪
Thanks! My first aid kit has stressed me out Because I want to make sure I have everything I need, but don’t know what I need until something happens 🙃 lol. This summer has been one for the books too! We’ve dealt with mites and roundworm so far. 😩 my chicks last year didn’t have any issues, but, then again, I have 26 this summer. 😬

I have the liquid form. And I’m not quite sure if I need to do the 5 day or 21. These pictures show the worst that it is so I feel like the 5 day would be ok. What would you suggest? Also, do you know if there is an egg withdrawal on Corid?
No egg withdrawel, I think it is 7 days...

Thanks! My first aid kit has stressed me out Because I want to make sure I have everything I need, but don’t know what I need until something happens 🙃 lol. This summer has been one for the books too! We’ve dealt with mites and roundworm so far. 😩 my chicks last year didn’t have any issues, but, then again, I have 26 this summer. 😬
I also keep an emergency kit, but have not been needing corid for a while now. Just for reference. I recommend these things to be in an emergency kit.

1. Electrolytes (Mainly for chicks and injured hens)
2. Hair dryer (Great for when a hen is washed)
3. Permthrin dust and spray (Mites and lice)
4. Some sort of dewormer (Valbezen and safeguard work well)
5. Syringe (For deworming and calcium)
6. towels (For drying)
7. Corid (Cooccidiosis)
8. Scissors (For clipping wings OR cutting feathers near an injury)
9. Monistat 7 (For sour crop)
10. Calicum (For egg binding)
11. gloves (For dirty work, such as flystrike)
12. Masks (For cleaning the coop)
13. Dog pads (For isolation)
14. Dog crate (For isolation)
15. Crafters tape (For curled toes)
16. Vaseline (Petroleum jelly)
17. Hydrogen peroxide (injuries)
18. Dish soap (Maggots)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom