is this dead

rita2paul

Songster
8 Years
Aug 31, 2011
Gloucestershire
IMG_0394.JPG
just candle my eggs day15 is this dead.

no it was a live, if i put the light at the bottom of the egg it's black you can't see through it, but then the air sac took on a peculiar shape. i think i will leave it in till the end now i have gone this far, i was wondering why it has done this, i have another very similar. my r-com has not been calibrated in 10 years, how often you you get yours calibrated.

no it was a live, if i put the light at the bottom of the egg it's black you can't see through it, but then the air sac took on a peculiar shape. i think i will leave it in till the end now i have gone this far, i was wondering why it has done this, i have another very similar. my r-com has not been calibrated in 10 years, how often you you get yours calibrated.
Post a picture of candling from the bottom and top. It looks like a saddle air cell and darkness below the air cell.

I would not toss that egg!

i will leave it in and see what happens, it does not smell.
As the eggs get closer to lockdown, the chick grows and fills the space below the air cell. It is common to not see anything in the egg at that point. This is especially true for dark eggs like yours.

If it does not smell, put it in for lockdown on day 18 with the rest of the eggs.

Happy Hatching!

I completely misinterpreted that picture at first glance and agreed with the 'dud, not dead' theory but then realised that there is a lot of darkened space and that the lit up area is JUST the air cell, whereas I was seeing it as almost the complete egg!!! Doh!!

I'll be intrigued to know what comes of it x

Back
Top Bottom