Is this duck okay?

Here is a pic today
I've still been applying neosporin everyday

Attachments

• 20210118_083100.jpg
    20210118_083100.jpg
    464.4 KB · Views: 10

They seem to be doing pretty well. Karen and Puffin get along very well but Karen is still a bit scared of Penguin and Pigeon, and usually walks away when they come near her. I added that 2nd kiddie pool and food bowl today though so Karen and Puffn have kind of been hanging out at one while Penguin and Pigeon hang out at the other.

I love them♥️ And she is healing very nicely too. I have 4 female Muscovy and 1 drake. My girls can be temperamental, sometimes they will pick on each other and I have even had to give one time out when she wouldn’t stop after they had gone into their coop for the night. They are what I call catty. lol.

Karen seems to be doing great! It's been about 5 days since I stopped putting neosporin on because it seemed to be completely healed and I couldn't really see any sign of the scratches she had back there. Ill check again soon just to make sure I get a really good look and there is nothing I missed. Without me grabbing her in the morning to apply the neosporin the past few days she has been much less scared of me throughout the day and doing very well with the other ducks. Tonight I put them all together in the main coop for the first time! Just peeked at them out there and she was laying in the new nesting box that I put out there just for her. Pigeon and Penguin occasionally still pick on her a bit, but when Penguin picks on her Puffin steps in to help her friend and puts herself in between Penguin and Karen. I think their pecking order right now is Pigeon at the top, then Puffin then Penguin then Karen. I'm very glad to see they are all getting along and I haven't weighed Karen recently, but she seems to at least be a little bit thicker than when I brought her in so hopefully she will plump up like the other 3 soon. She's gotten comfortable enough with me that when I bring out treats she runs up right with the other 3, she still won't eat out if my hand like they do yet. She also doesn't just walk in the opposite direction unless I get very close so I'm glad she is warming up to me and to her other girls well.

I just got up to use the bathroom and heard them out in the coop so I went to look and penguin and pigeon were being little assholes and harassing the other 2. I moved them back to the other coop. I'm thinking I might try getting a doggy fence and just splitting the main coop in 2 for awhile. I'm just gonna leave them as is in separate coops at night until Pigeons egg laying problems stop, I don't want to disturb her sleep.

Back
Top Bottom