is this egg a guaranteed loss?

mattsinger

Songster
6 Years
Mar 9, 2013
Davison, MI
I purchased some eggs off ebay.....was happy they all showed up in one piece. I followed the info I found on this website to allow the eggs to sit for 24 hrs before putting them into the bator. After about 12 hrs in the bator, I have one egg that started to seep "stuff" out of a couple spots, sorta looks like a little dried shaving cream. It was just what you see in the pic, just enough that you can see something came out. Does this mean that there is no hope for this egg? Just curious

thanks
Matt

I did and it wasnt cracked....but looked like it was porous..... very bright white spots. I'll get rid of it.....since it was the first time I have ever tried candling an egg , I really wasnt sure what I was looking at...if it was a bad spot or just light spots in the pigment of the egg

Thanks

Dark eggs are always tough to see through when candling. You need a really bright light so, if these spots looked that light - The shell maybe so porous that it let in bacteria in. Sorry but, you did the right thing. Hope your other eggs do well. Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom