Is this egg dying? Day 16 candling.

lolafanau

In the Brooder
Apr 21, 2020
So this is one of my pav eggs. I'm fairly sure its dying, looks like the veins are breaking up? The chick its self is moving but seems almost crunched up one end, less free moving than others if that makes sense.
Another one of my pav eggs has good movement, healthy veins but one or two spots that look like the beginning of this same thing :(
Thoughts?
20200610_185335.jpg

I had this case , this kind of egg hatch really late and in my case on day 25 and were so week and died after day..

Thank you all for your replies. I think the likelihood is nature is taking its course or as you say it wont be a strong baby if it hatches. If it's not changed for the worse by lockdown day I'll leave it in and see how it goes. I'm hoping the other one that's looking very very slightly similar makes it.

Try to keep your incubator running during lockdown till the 24 day, you can then check on that specific egg if it's still coming out or just stopped living. Also do a smell test, make sure your not getting a funky odor.

Try to keep your incubator running during lockdown till the 24 day, you can then check on that specific egg if it's still coming out or just stopped living. Also do a smell test, make sure your not getting a funky odor.

Okay will do. Candling for lockdown today. Will sniff test. Thank you x

Back
Top Bottom