Is this egg fertile?

amilars

In the Brooder
Jun 3, 2021
Hi all l,

I want to know if this egg is fertile. The reason I'm asking this is I'm unsure as to whether I have a rooster. TIA

Attachments

• IMG_20210605_074515.jpg
    IMG_20210605_074515.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 16
Hi all l,

I want to know if this egg is fertile. The reason I'm asking this is I'm unsure as to whether I have a rooster. TIA
Does not look fertile, if it was you would see a little bit of a chick forming in the egg but it safe to eat.

Hi all l,

I disagree with the first reply you received. Fertile eggs have a white "bullseye" on day one, which yours appears to have. You wouldn't see a chick forming in a fertile egg until much later in development.

I disagree with the first reply you received. Fertile eggs have a white "bullseye" on day one, which yours appears to have. You wouldn't see a chick forming in a fertile egg until much later in development.
Yes, fertile eggs don't even start developing until they are at an appropriate temperature for 24 hours or so. That's why hens can can lay a clutch of eggs one each day for a time but they all hatch together because she starts persistently setting on all of them at once. That's why eggs have such an amazingly long shelf life.

Back
Top Bottom