Is this egg fertile?

Oct 2, 2021
This was today's eggs... only 2/3 of the hens are laying. #02 has only laid twice starting yesterday... This was yesterday's eggs...

Now before you all think I'm weird for documenting this 🤣 ...I have no idea How old these hens are but their legs are massive (and really gnarly, cankles comes to mind 🤣) compared to my 13 month old LS Hen.
I'm hoping they can still lay fertile eggs, given their age or do All eggs have the possibility of being fertile?
I will google that in a minute 😅
Breeder (who actually got these girls with no history, as rescues) said she doesn't even know if the peckin was able to really do the deed given the size difference. I have only seen my cockeral successfully get one, the others don't seem to have accepted him yet and no I don't remember which one it was (probably the one who isn't laying 🤦‍♀️)

Is this egg fertile? (Not asking if it is fertilised) it has blood spots in egg white, but, is her first egg since she arrived almost 2 weeks ago.

20220914_121417.jpg

This is the same hens egg today... No blood in white
20220915_073409.jpg

This is the other hen #01
Yesterday...
20220914_121647.jpg

And today's... I'm thinking fertile but not fertilised?
20220915_072917.jpg

They are both in with my LS Rooster but I don't think he has gotten them both yet, he's only in with 3. 🤞🙏 here's hoping I get some fertilised eggs soon so I can keep and use these genetics in my flock

Eggs, as in ovulation, by definition usually indicates fertility. 02 and 01 look fertile, though egg quality goes down with age. You can give them all vitamins for a few weeks to boost egg viability.

Eggs, as in ovulation, by definition usually indicates fertility. 02 and 01 look fertile, though egg quality goes down with age. You can give them all vitamins for a few weeks to boost egg viability.
I'm going to sound like a total noob 🤣 but what vitamins do you feed and how do you buy it? It's hard to get Any advice over here (Australia)

Some people use chicken vitamins, from the feed store, others get people multi vitamins and grind them into scrambled eggs or something. I'm not sure what vitamins specifically.
Okay thankyou 😊
I found somewhere that has poultry multi vitamins specifically for breeding from older hens hopefully it doesn't take to long to get here...
I'm not good at being patient 🤣
But if it increases the chances of higher hatch rates we can try 😄 lucky the incubator is already on with different eggs!

All eggs pictured are not fertile.
Do you mean fertilised? They haven't been in with the young cockeral long enough yet, I was asking if the hens are fertile as in because they are still laying eggs can they still produce a viable chick once fertilised 🙂

Back
Top Bottom