Is this egg "pipped"?

Quote:
Very well said curiousitycat
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
True, it will be at least another 12 hours before I'll turn the eggs again, the last time I turned them was at approximately 7:00 this evening and I won't turn them again until tomorow morning 9:00 that gives the chick 14 hours to hatch without any disturbance.

Since it's just the one egg, you are almost certainly better off turning those other nine as often as you need to. I mostly just wanted to offer some explanation for why, in general, you avoid opening as much as possible (and don't *necessarily* base what you do on what a mother hen would do, though of course we want to mimic her conditions as closely as possible).

If the one egg does run into trouble with a dried-out membrane, you may be able to help it out. How is it doing this morning?

The chickie hatched!
jumpy.gif
and it looks fine and healthy, lots of peeping! It's still wet so I can't see what color it is, it's a the mom is a Barred Rock and the dad a Buff Orpington.
wee.gif

Amy's Animals :

The chickie hatched!
jumpy.gif
and it looks fine and healthy, lots of peeping! It's still wet so I can't see what color it is, it's a the mom is a Barred Rock and the dad a Buff Orpington.
wee.gif

thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom