Is this eye worm?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by kelsey1314, Jul 10, 2016.

1. kelsey1314

kelsey1314 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 8, 2015
    Sumter, SC
    [​IMG]
    Hey there, I just picked up this boy from an auction yesterday... I noticed his droopy eye, does it look like eye worm? I picked up some Vetrx from TSC in case it is.. He came with 2 hens as well...I haven't noticed anything abnormal with them, but if it is eye worm should I treat the whole flock? And what is the best course of treatment? Thank you!

2. That Quail Lady

That Quail Lady Out Of The Brooder

Jul 8, 2016
    Houston
    Yes thats an eye worm, I think you should go ahead and treat the whole flock but not as heavy as a tretment you would give to him.

Also this is a herb and its a natural prevention and remedy.
    Nasturtium - laying stimulant, antiseptic, antibiotic, insecticide, wormer

You should check this site out
    http://www.fresheggsdaily.com/2012/07/benefits-of-herbs.html

I grow half these in my coop,run,enclosure and they get to just freely pick what ever they want. Tons of good herbs with incredible health benefits
    I haven't had a sick chicken, quail, pheasent, turkey etc in years because of these herbs.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
  3. kelsey1314

kelsey1314 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 8, 2015
    Sumter, SC
    Wow!!! Thank you so much! I am very interested in checking that out!!! Our flock has a 1/4 acre pasture and that would make it very easy to just grow some in their pen!

4. ramsburgchicken

ramsburgchicken Out Of The Brooder

Jan 15, 2016
    Please use vet approved treatments! Vet RX is not one of them. No farm vet will recommend it and the avian vet tossed ours in the garbage. Vicks Vapo Rub for chickens will not clear this up. Contact a Farm vet or your closest avian vet to advise on proper treatment.

5. mylilchickdee

mylilchickdee New Egg

Aug 2, 2016
    I noticed one of my beautiful white leg horns has a droopy spoofed up eye. I am wondering if this is eye worms? I[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by