is this feathered out enough?

jdoane

Songster
6 Years
Aug 7, 2013
Western Massachusetts
4 out of 5 of my 5 week old chicks seem feathered out enough to officially move out to the coop. They have been spending all day out there for the past 4 days. Just worried that one is not feathered enough. Would love somd opinions. Its the whitish chick.

I've got a question if you can help, in your first picture what breed is the bottom bird? Also does it's feathers feel like velvet? I have one that looks exactly like that one except I'm sure mine is a roo as his comb is much larger at only 4 weeks old. Thanks!

I've got a question if you can help, in your first picture what breed is the bottom bird? Also does it's feathers feel like velvet? I have one that looks exactly like that one except I'm sure mine is a roo as his comb is much larger at only 4 weeks old. Thanks!

That's my Blue/black English Orpington. Looks a ton like the one in the upper right which is a Black Australorp. The Black Australorp feels softer. When they are standing there is a shape difference to them. The EnglishOrpington is rounder and the Australorp is more oval. For better pictures at different ages you can check for a couple threads I started to watch development. They are called "1 Week Chick Pictures" etc. I've done 1-7 weeks. For comb development check out the Splash Orpington (the whitish one). That's the one we decided is a roo. We think the rest of the flock or pullets (fingers crossed!).

Back
Top Bottom