is this feed conversion chart correct for cornish x?

mayrooni

In the Brooder
6 Years
Dec 31, 2013
Is this chart correct? the math does not add up, unless I'm just not getting it. take week one for example, it has the daily feed intake and the weekly total. if you take the daily * 7, it does not equal the total. am I reading this right? if the daily intake is .079 then the weekly for the first week should be .553 right?

No. The total is cumulative. Day one, chick might not eat anything. Day 2 it might eat .01, day 3 .02.. Think of the amounts it eats more like a line graph. Every day it eats a little more.

so what they have as the daily intake is what was eaten on day 7? not an average of the 7 days? I'm trying to run a comparison to my birds, and so far its way off.

One thing to remember is this if for production style feeding and raising of meat birds. Not free range or a more traditional style chicken feeding/raising.

I don't have much experience but mine have seemed to line up pretty good with the age and body weight when fed all they can eat for the first 2 weeks then 12 on 12 off from there. I don't recall if I ever tracked the cumulative feed consumption to how much mine were consuming. I would pay more attention to the weekly cumulative number and not so much the daily number. See how long it takes to go through a 50lb bag of feed, divide that by the number of chickens and see where you land on the age.

Back
Top Bottom