Is this Fowl Pox?

Aspergillosis is caused by mold, not fowl pox.

Fowl pox is from mosquito bites. Two types of presentations, dry (usually survivable) and wet (often fatal but not always). Typically, if one bird gets it, your entire flock will cycle through getting it and getting over it. Good news is that once they've had it and recovered, they're cured for life.
Wet fowl pox often presents with wet or bubbly eyes and/or nares (nostrils).
The image you posted could be dry fowl pox, but could also be a combination of pecking wounds and frostbite (that one comb tip has me wondering). They both pretty much look the same.

What you can do for your flock is to assume they've got fowl pox and supplement their water with a good vitamin, mineral and amino acid supplement for poultry, something like Chick Booster by NeuroVet. This will help ensure a strong immune system to help them recover from this as quickly as possible.
Thank you, I will run get some now

That does not look like fowl pox. It looks like possible peck wounds, but the tip of the comb could possibly be frostbite, although a good pecking may also look like that. Fowl pox is a disease carried by mosquitoes in hot weather. Here is some info and pictures of what fowl pox looks like:
https://the-chicken-chick.com/fowl-pox-prevention-treatmen/

That looks more like pecking injuries. Also, full grown chickens are fine in cold well below freezing, as long as the coop has adequate ventilation. Heat lamps are also a fire hazard, so I'd be hesitant to use them- save 'em for the chicks! :D

Edited to add this from My Pet Chicken:

The inexpensive, 250-watt infrared heat bulbs you'll find in any feed store or retail outlet are super dangerous. They put out 435° plus temperatures, making them an especially risky way to heat your coops and brooder because they're dusty places to begin with, and bedding is quite flammable. If you must use a heat lamp, double and triple check that you are not creating a fire hazard. And then just to be sure you're safe, throw the darn thing out. They're just that dangerous. ...
If you have special needs birds or your area regularly sees temps below freezing, you may indeed need to give your flock a little heat boost to help them through the winter. For that, there's nothing better than the safe, energy-efficient Sweeter Heater, the low-wattage Cozy Coop Heater, or Thermo-Peep Heated Pad.

These heaters won't heat the whole coop; they'll only provide a little extra heat on contact, when birds snuggle right up next to them. This allows your birds to still acclimate to the colder weather, while providing potentially life-saving warmth during especially cold snaps.

Whatever you do, just remember: DON'T HEAT YOUR COOP WITH HEAT LAMPS!

I have the Cozy Coop Heater, and love it.

Thank you, Frostbite? We kept heat lamps in their house on night the temperature would go below 32°we put them inside and closed the door . Do you have any advice on what more I should do for them please? I hate that I missed something and caused that.
Yes - take the heat lamps out. They cause humidity and make things worse... chickens are barnyard animals, designed to heat themselves. Adding supplemental heat messes up thei natural ability... I would focus on ventilation, not heat. You want the humidity from their breath escaping from above, not settling on their combs and freezing.

Yes - take the heat lamps out. They cause humidity and make things worse... chickens are barnyard animals, designed to heat themselves. Adding supplemental heat messes up thei natural ability... I would focus on ventilation, not heat. You want the humidity from their breath escaping from above, not settling on their combs and freezing.
Thank you

That looks more like pecking injuries. Also, full grown chickens are fine in cold well below freezing, as long as the coop has adequate ventilation. Heat lamps are also a fire hazard, so I'd be hesitant to use them- save 'em for the chicks! :D

Edited to add this from My Pet Chicken:

The inexpensive, 250-watt infrared heat bulbs you'll find in any feed store or retail outlet are super dangerous. They put out 435° plus temperatures, making them an especially risky way to heat your coops and brooder because they're dusty places to begin with, and bedding is quite flammable. If you must use a heat lamp, double and triple check that you are not creating a fire hazard. And then just to be sure you're safe, throw the darn thing out. They're just that dangerous. ...
If you have special needs birds or your area regularly sees temps below freezing, you may indeed need to give your flock a little heat boost to help them through the winter. For that, there's nothing better than the safe, energy-efficient Sweeter Heater, the low-wattage Cozy Coop Heater, or Thermo-Peep Heated Pad.

These heaters won't heat the whole coop; they'll only provide a little extra heat on contact, when birds snuggle right up next to them. This allows your birds to still acclimate to the colder weather, while providing potentially life-saving warmth during especially cold snaps.

Whatever you do, just remember: DON'T HEAT YOUR COOP WITH HEAT LAMPS!

I have the Cozy Coop Heater, and love it.
Thank you !!

Back
Top Bottom