Is this fowl pox?

fiberdrunk

Songster
12 Years
Mar 6, 2011
I have a female coturnix quail that has these bumps all over her face. Is this fowl pox, and is it treatable? She's the only one in my flock that has it. We've separated her in case it's contagious.

1697668477717.jpeg

1697668531788.jpeg

I have nebver had quail, just chickens, but I think that you are dealing with fowl pox. There is no treatment for it, it is a virus carried by mosquitoes, and lasts a month or so. I would put some Terramycin eye ointment in the eyes of your quail where the scabs are near eyes. Help her find food and water to eat.

I have nebver had quail, just chickens, but I think that you are dealing with fowl pox. There is no treatment for it, it is a virus carried by mosquitoes, and lasts a month or so. I would put some Terramycin eye ointment in the eyes of your quail where the scabs are near eyes. Help her find food and water to eat.
Thank you so much!

Definitely looks like fowl pox. I would isolate her from the rest of your flock until the lesions have subsided, the scabs when falling off are carring the virus, and if eaten or coming in contact with by other birds, will infect them as well. Not just spread by mosquitoes alone.

Back
Top Bottom